About H2B visa to the USA
The H-2B nonimmigrant visa permits US employers to hire foreign workers to come temporarily to the United States and perform temporary nonagricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent basis. Visas in this category are only available if qualified U.S. workers capable of performing such services are not available. There is a 66,000 per year limit on the number of foreign workers who may receive H-2B status during each USCIS fiscal year (October through September). Several key industries in the U.S. (tourism, landscaping, food production, other service sector positions) rely on H-2B workers to fill vacancies despite employers efforts to hire U.S. workers for low-skilled and semi-skilled short-term employment. Under the H-2B program, foreign workers are hired on a seasonal/special event basis and then return to their country of origin when the season/special event is over.
Work in the USA
H-2B program participants can work in various fields and positions:
- 〉 in hotels as housekeepers, receptionists, houseman;
- 〉 in restaurants as hosts, servers, bartenders, cooks;
- 〉 workersin amusement parks, ski resorts, golf clubs, etc.;
- 〉 lifeguards;
- 〉 building services.
Conditions of participation
The main condition for participation in the program, of course, is the enthusiasm for the exploration of a new country. However, there is a list of required documents and the characteristics for potential participant …
The cost of getting the H2B visa
- 〉 The program is FREE – the US employer covers all expenses related to issuing the petition for a nonimmigrant worker.
- 〉 H-2B visa application fee – 190 USD.
- 〉 Air ticket – cost varies depending on destination.
- 〉 Medical insurance – cost varies depending on period.